Thursday 27 October 2011

One flew over the cuckoo's nest competition , sketches


I've just uploaded some sketches for this book cover comp. " one flew over the cuckoos nest"
I am doing this as my first design brief of this semester and this shall also feed into my next project too... dealing with the concepts of being trapped and free, or sane or insane .

In my sketches...
(cuckoo represents the insanity and the wrong that shouldnt be there.. the cogs obviously meaning the workings of the brain etc... and also representing the factory/machine like descriptions that the book refers to. Nurse ratched trying to correct them like they are products in a factory line. Obviously with some patients treatments like electroshock therapy and lobotomy are used and break them rather than curing ) 


No comments:

Post a Comment